A Step in the Right Direction
So the first big-time sports event was held in NOLA yesterday since Hurricane Katrina. No, it wasn't the Saints or the Hornets, but Tulane's Women's Basketball team taking on Central Connecticut State in Fogelman Arena. How I would have loved to be there. If you want the whole scoop, read this:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/news/story?id=2264714
In the midst of all the chaos after Katrina, including removing and realigning most of the undergrad colleges, laying off some 230 professors, and cutting many grad programs, the women's basketball team "carried the torch" as President Cowen likes to say.
All I can say is Roll Wave.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/news/story?id=2264714
In the midst of all the chaos after Katrina, including removing and realigning most of the undergrad colleges, laying off some 230 professors, and cutting many grad programs, the women's basketball team "carried the torch" as President Cowen likes to say.
All I can say is Roll Wave.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home