Happy 2006! (9 days late)
I sat down to write this entry on New Year's Day, and it just didn't happen. Oh well. I apologize. My Christmas was fantastic. I think I permanently hurt my right wrist though from doing a swing dance-type move with Kristen. But you can't beat being with lots of family on Christmas.
My Granddaddy had surgery on the 28th of Dec. They removed a cyst from his spinal cord. After a scare that he had gotten amnesia, my dad finally came home about a week after the surgery when he thought all was acceptable. So that was a relief. Oh, and Dad is recovering well. He's still pissed about not being able to eat really healthy though.
Speaking of eating healthy, my New Year's Resolution is to eat healthier and work out more and hopefully as a result, lose some weight since I've put on 10 lbs in the last year. So I'm eating more fruits and veggies and fewer sweets and greasy things. I have gone to the gym almost every week day since last Tuesday. It's already paying off: I've already lost around 3 lbs in just a week! I think my gym schedule is going to be Cardio Funk Monday, Light Power Yoga Tuesday, Kickboxing Wednesday, and something cardio Thursday and Friday. I've even planned my work schedule around it.
Speaking of work, I have started my new job at the Pharmaceutical Development Group (PDG). I've been working like crazy last week and this week on various things. They have at least 4 projects going on right now. I'm working on a project about Levaquin and a possible adverse event from taking it. So yeah, that's been fun so far.
I happened to luck into Billy Joel tickets for less than $30, so Joe and I made last minute plans to go (it's this Thursday!). So we'll be singing along with the Piano Man.
I'll hopefully get to post more this weekend about the first week of classes, but for now, I will leave you with these lyrics. I hope everyone's 2006 is all that they could ever hope for.
525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear.
525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?
In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee.
In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife.
In 525,600 minutes - how do you measure a year in the life?
How about love? How about love? How about love?
Measure in love. Seasons of love.
525,600 minutes! 525,000 journeys to plan.
525,600 minutes - how can you measure the life of a woman or man?
In truths that she learned, or in times that he cried.
In bridges he burned, or the way that she died.
It’s time now to sing out, though the story never ends
Let's celebrate remember a year in the life of friends.
Remember the love! Remember the love! Remember the love!
Measure in love. Seasons of love! Seasons of love.
-"Seasons of Love" Rent Soundtrack
My Granddaddy had surgery on the 28th of Dec. They removed a cyst from his spinal cord. After a scare that he had gotten amnesia, my dad finally came home about a week after the surgery when he thought all was acceptable. So that was a relief. Oh, and Dad is recovering well. He's still pissed about not being able to eat really healthy though.
Speaking of eating healthy, my New Year's Resolution is to eat healthier and work out more and hopefully as a result, lose some weight since I've put on 10 lbs in the last year. So I'm eating more fruits and veggies and fewer sweets and greasy things. I have gone to the gym almost every week day since last Tuesday. It's already paying off: I've already lost around 3 lbs in just a week! I think my gym schedule is going to be Cardio Funk Monday, Light Power Yoga Tuesday, Kickboxing Wednesday, and something cardio Thursday and Friday. I've even planned my work schedule around it.
Speaking of work, I have started my new job at the Pharmaceutical Development Group (PDG). I've been working like crazy last week and this week on various things. They have at least 4 projects going on right now. I'm working on a project about Levaquin and a possible adverse event from taking it. So yeah, that's been fun so far.
I happened to luck into Billy Joel tickets for less than $30, so Joe and I made last minute plans to go (it's this Thursday!). So we'll be singing along with the Piano Man.
I'll hopefully get to post more this weekend about the first week of classes, but for now, I will leave you with these lyrics. I hope everyone's 2006 is all that they could ever hope for.
525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear.
525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?
In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee.
In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife.
In 525,600 minutes - how do you measure a year in the life?
How about love? How about love? How about love?
Measure in love. Seasons of love.
525,600 minutes! 525,000 journeys to plan.
525,600 minutes - how can you measure the life of a woman or man?
In truths that she learned, or in times that he cried.
In bridges he burned, or the way that she died.
It’s time now to sing out, though the story never ends
Let's celebrate remember a year in the life of friends.
Remember the love! Remember the love! Remember the love!
Measure in love. Seasons of love! Seasons of love.
-"Seasons of Love" Rent Soundtrack

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home